Fight off this weekend's humidity with these top five stories from Talentmgt.com for the week of July 27.
1. It's Now Illegal to Discriminate Against LGBT: The 1964 Civil Rights Act now protects LGBT from workplace discrimination.
2. The Quest to Shame Women's Bodies | Video: As a woman in the public eye, why is it that even being one of the most talented in your field isn't enough to stop media from calling you fat?
3. Retooling the Manager's Role: Technology adds to the complexities of managers' jobs. These approaches can help them through it.
4. How to Create Growth Opportunities in Every Job: Best practices in the office help you get noticed and promoted, writes blogger Aubrey Daniels.
5. New Graduates Renege on Job Offers | Video: Recent graduates are offered more jobs than previous years, but this means turning down offers. Recruiters now face the challenge of offering jobs while expecting more rejection.
In Other News …
Meet the newest job in sports: video game coach, reports The Wall Street Journal.
Also, 10 small cities where business is thriving, from Entrepreneur.
Finally, five negotiating tips, via Business Insider.