Summer is officially in full force! Add to your weekend barbecue the knowledge gained from these top five stories from Talentmgt.com for the week of June 22.
1. Innovate Your Interviews: Job interviews have taken on all kinds of forms over the years. What techniques and questions are important in 2015?
2. Manufacturing Talent: Apprentices Wanted: Volkswagens' Chattanooga, Tennessee, plant faced a dearth of local workers, so the German automaker transplanted a practice from home that is slowly yielding a steady flow of talent.
3. Management's Three Secrets: In the end, it's up to each of us to decide how to become better managers. Here are some easy-to-remember points, writes columnist Jac Fitz-enz.
4. The Secret to Managing Across Generations: With more millennials in managerial roles, what does that mean for morale among generational counterparts? Blogger Aubrey Daniels explores.
5. Giving Digital the Human Touch: Using digital technology, companies can tailor work to individual strengths and make it more flexible, accessible and meaningful to employees throughout the organization.
In Other News …
Employees are having a hard time taking time for vacations, so why not a "workcation," suggests The Wall Street Journal. Read here.
Also, amid the controversy surrounding Uber's contract-employee model, many more startups are finding employed people are more valuable, writes The New York Times. Read here.
Finally, eight things everyone should do before 8 a.m., via Business Insider. Read here.