Give Dad the gift of knowledge by reading these top five stories from Talentmgt.com for the week of June 15.
1. Talking to Their Generation: Talent managers should be aware of the nuanced communication styles of Generation Y.
2. Management's Three Secrets: In the end, it's up to each of us to decide how to become better managers, writes columnist Jac Fitz-enz. Here are some easy-to-remember points.
3. The Evolution of Pressure: Don't tell employees to "raise to the occasion" when they're in a tough spot, says psychologist Hendrie Weisinger.
4. Are Your Flex-Work Strategies on Target?: Employers see a balanced work-life, writes blogger Allison O'Kelly, but employees don't. Where's the disconnect?
5. Commutes Contribute to Out-Of-Office Stresses | Video: Longer commutes are likely to increase divorce rates. In other news, the job market sees changes and JPMorgan Chase is ends voicemail. Editors Lauren Dixon and Frank Kalman discuss.
In Other News …
Even though they're now flushed with people data, companies are still bad at picking so-called "high potentials," reports The Wall Street Journal. Read here.
Also, 10 life hacks from a millennial entrepreneur, via Entrepreneur. Read here.
Finally, Uber drivers are employees of the company, according to a ruling by the California labor commission. This is a big deal, says Business Insider. Read here.