Although Frank took a vacation, The Week That Was lives on! The top five stories from Talent Management’s website are ready for our readers’ eager eyes.
1. How to Achieve Real HR Transformation: Human resources will never experience true transformation until there is a transformation in the practitioners themselves.
2. Interviewing Fourth Increases Odds of Being Hired: Being interviewed fourth in line increases a candidate's chances of being hired for the position. Other news provides insight into the future of the workplace and job market.
3. Manufacturing Talent: Apprentices Wanted: Volkswagen’s Chattanooga, Tennessee, plant faced a dearth of local workers, so the German automaker transplanted a practice from home that is slowly yielding a steady flow of talent.
4. Read & React: Have We Taken the Human out of Human Resources?: With rising popularity of computer-based job applications, many viable applicants are ruled out too quickly.
5. Abercrombie & Fitch’s ‘Look’ Loses Big With SCOTUS: The Supreme Court decided that the clothing retailer violated civil rights law when one of its managers said a woman wearing a hijab shouldn't be hired.
In Other News…
Chipotle is bringing more benefits to its employees, including tuition reimbursement and paid sick and vacation leave. Read more in Entrepreneur here.
Female lawyers said they’re treated like wives at work and are paid significantly less than their male counterparts, Bloomberg wrote.
A new book called "The Wellness Syndrome" said wellness programs might have a different goal than employee health, Fast Company reports.