With Memorial Day in the rearview and the unofficial start to summer here, bust out the white pants and read these top five stories from Talentmgt.com for the week of May 25.
1. Do Men and Women Lead Differently?: Different leadership styles suggest that talent managers should refocus their development strategies.
2. Attracting College Grads: Today's college recruiting landscape requires talent managers to go beyond the on-campus job fair to connect with prospective entry-level hires.
3. Is Hiring for Digital Natives Age Discrimination?: According to Fortune.come, some companies have begun using this term as a hiring criteria in job postings.
4. How to Stop Workplace Bullying: Clamping down on workplace bullying could mean saving thousands of dollars a year in lost productivity. Here's where talent managers can start.
5. The State of Analytics in Learning Programs | Video: Brian Gaspar of Skillsoft and SumTotal provides insight into the current state and future of analytics within learning programs.
In Other News …
Some companies are using a take-it-or-leave-it policy when it comes to negotiating salary for new hires, reports The Wall Street Journal. Read here.
Also, offices where both extroverts and introverts can thrive, from Fast Company. Read here.
Finally, desk stretches that will (almost) replace going to the gym, from Business Insider. Read here.