Take in the three-day weekend with these to five stories from Talentmgt.com for the week of May 18.
1. Diversity at Google Off to a Good Start: A year after publishing dismal diversity numbers, Google releases its plan to mix up the demographics of its workforce.
2. Managing Life After Mentoring: As you and your protégé reach the end of your partnership, how do you manage 'farewell' with a focus on 'well'?
3. Analytics in Learning Programs | Video: Brian Gaspar of Skillsoft and SumTotal provides insight into the current state and future of analytics within learning programs.
4. Firms Recognize Engagement: Recognition programs are among the to methods companies use to promote employee engagement.
5. Treating Employees as Customers: Organizations should rethink the way they deliver services to the workforce. Is 'consumerized' HR the new normal?
In Other News …
Maybe collaboration in the workplace isn't all it's cracked up to be, reports The Wall Street Journal. Read here.
Also, The New Yorker further analyzes the wrongs of the nail-salon industry. Read here.
Finally, the real reason you shouldn't wear pajamas that look like a suit. Read here.