“The Week That Was” will be taking a two-week break to honor the holiday season — hopefully there will be some sledding and snowball fights involved, too. So cozy up near the fire with these top five stories from Talentmgt.com for the week of Dec. 17.
1. Is Your Workforce Heading for a Performance Cliff?: Forget about the fiscal cliff — many business executives say their employees don’t have what’s needed to drive the business growth in 2013, writes Talent Management editor Mike Prokopeak.
2. Is Potential All There Is?: High potentials aren’t the only ones capable of ascending to leadership positions. But to find great hidden talent, companies will need to embrace nontraditional talent identification ideas. Talent Management editor Kellye Whitney has more.
3. What Are the Top Jobs for 2013?: Top jobs include accountants, market research analysts and event planners, according to EMSI’s labor market database.
4. How to Handle Big Data?: Make sure one of your New Year’s resolutions is to embrace data and technology, lest your role become obsolete, writes Talent Management columnist Jac Fitz-enz.
5. There’s a New User in Town: Today’s users are more connected, more collaborative and looking for valued content more than ever before, writes Jason Averbook, CEO of Knowledge Infusion.
In Other News …
HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON AND NEW YEAR! SEE YOU IN 2013!