Go to the Kaiser Permanente website to apply.
All 8.7 million of them. That’s because each of us—from our financial professionals and IT team members to our RNs and physicians on the front line of care—shares a commitment to providing the best possible care experience. With locations across the United States, we offer the opportunity to build a rewarding career in an environment that supports your success. Join us and put your beliefs into practice.
Kaiser Permanente Information Technology (KPIT) seeks an Executive Director within its Architecture, Information Management & Innovation (AIMI) Group to create a strategy for data governance and to socialize that strategy with all appropriate stakeholders and create a strategy to create an AS-IS state assessment for all KP data warehouses and data marts.
Data governance includes all components of data usage, access, transmission and exchange, storage, retention, archiving, and sharing. It includes all data associated with applications, databases, data warehouses, data marts located on servers, desktop computers, laptops, notebooks, tablets, smartphones, and all mobile devices.
Data governance includes people, process, and technology. It also will transcend IT, Health Plan, and Care delivery business organizations, and the Permanente Medical Groups.
This is a position that will require leadership and guidance for executives, technologists, and users. This position will require significant strategic and tactical expertise in the technology, processes, and methods to define and design data warehouses and data marts that will take advantage of new emerging technologies such as virtualization, cloud computing, and mobilization.
It will require dialogue and engagement of database vendors, competitors, and research firms within the health care industry as well as defense, intelligence, financial, and retail sectors. In addition, this position will require knowledge of open source technologies, and the use of open standards.
• Create a data governance strategy, socialize that strategy within IT and KP and ensure that strategy is implemented within regions and portfolios.
• Create data governance oversight processes, coordination teams, and performance metrics to measure success.
• Conduct monthly assessments of data quality, prepare monthly data quality reports, and create data quality remediation action plans.
• Represent AIMI by participating in BIO business strategy sessions, represent AIMI in discussions with BIO business partners reference data warehouse needs.
• Coordinate data warehouse needs across regions and portfolios, and maintain knowledge in changing data warehouse vendor technology.
• Create enterprise, solution, and project specific data warehouse architectures based on defined business needs.
• Create data warehouse governance teams and prepare metrics to measure data warehouse effectiveness.
• Create a strategy to consolidate data warehouses, socialize that strategy with BIOs and business users, and implement that strategy.
• Prepare PAC/RAC initiatives to begin implementing the data warehouse and data mart consolidation initiatives.
• Use data obtained from the data governance forums to create new architectures to enable consolidation and virtualization of data warehouses and data marts within existing and planned investment opportunities for new applications and service development.
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Management or Business Information Systems.
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in IT dealing with complex data environments, including data security, data administration, data modeling and governance.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience delivering data governance strategy.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience leading large-scale multi-million-dollar programs/projects.
• Deep knowledge of data warehouses and data marts, mainframe and client/server infrastructure.
• Proven experience translating complex technologies and database architectures into terms relevant to business partners.
• Proven negotiation skills.
• Experience leading a large IT organization to SOA governance.
• Experience designing data governance in a cloud environment.
• Experience writing publications or delivering lectures on the topic of data governance trends.
Primary Location: California-Pleasanton-Pleasanton Tech Cntr Building F 5810 Owens Dr.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Working Hours Start: 8:00am
Working Hours End: 5:00pm
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: None
Job Level: Executive/VP
Job: Information Technology
Public Department Name: HPHO BIO AIMI
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Go to the Kaiser Permanente website to apply.