No matter what your job title, the work you do at Kaiser Permanente supports the health and well being of our members. All 8.7 million of them. That’s because each of us—from our financial professionals and IT team members to our RNs and physicians on the front line of care—shares a commitment to providing the best possible care experience. With locations across the United States, we offer the opportunity to build a rewarding career in an environment that supports your success. Join us and put your beliefs into practice.?
The Executive Director of Sales and Account Management Training and Performance Support leads the enterprise wide shared services that train, coach and provide sales performance support to all market facing teams. This role is expected to build the programmatic vision and gain alignment to that plan within the community of senior leaders both in Regional and Program Office executive teams. The Executive Director leads the planning process, facilitates strategic planning at the Health Plan Institute’s (HPI) SVP Advisory Board, and is accountable for the daily operations of the SAM training and curriculum development teams within National Sales Operations and Performance (NSOP).
• As part of NSOP, will guide the development of Regional Learning plans that link to Regional Business Plans and provide the critical input for the Emprise Learning Plan endorsed by the HPI Advisory Board (annually).
• Will guide the development on an enterprise-wide Learning Plan to be endorsed by the functional SVP-CA Health Plan, SVP for Sales and Account Management and Regional marketing, Sales and Business Development (MSBD) VPs.
• Responsible for building and maintaining an evolving role and competency based SAM/UW curriculum designed to meet KP strategic membership and margingoals.
• Develop and implement an enterprise-wide SAM Management Coaching Program in collaboration with other Regional and Program strategies and programs.
• Maintain, enhance and deliver program-based curriculum for various SAM/UM market facing roles through Health Plan Institute (HPI) and in tight partnership with the NSOP Director of Enterprise Knowledge Management that supports: 1) Positioning he value of KP through our various value proposition tools; 2) Selling KP insurance products to achieve membership and margin growth, and an excellent customer experience for health plan functions.
• Lead delivery of effective training to customers in a cost-effective, efficient and systematic way. Provide sales management coaching support aligned expectations.
• Ensure close collaboration with @HPI as primary distribution modality for curriculum and online training.
• Participates in the National Sales Operations Directors Forum to develop and implement successful practices and other shared services that improve SAM effectiveness and te cost of sale.
• Ensure the development and annual refresh of regional and national learning teams developed to increase sales effectiveness according to organizationalstrategies.
• Direct management of administrative/utility teams of 40-50 individuals from entry to director level positions including contractors. Includes formal authority to hire, fire, train/develop, evaluate and promote.
• Provides coaching mentoring and performance modeling for all Utility staff across the National Sales Operations and Performance department.
• Promotes standards of performance and professional development opportunities across enterprise.
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Minimum of 10 years of successful sales and account management experience including direct experience in sales and account management of health benefits to major corporations and benefits consultants.
• Alternatively, significant experience (Minimum of 10) years managing a sales and/or account management training organization at a large corporation.
• Direct and channel sales training program experience considered.
• Current knowledge of industry metrics, benchmarks, and tools for learning and development and business performance management specific to sales and account management organizations.
• Successful experience as a leader, developer and manager of a high performing team including direct management of administrative/utility teams of individuals and contractors from entry to director level positions. Includes formal authority to hire, fire, train/develop, evaluate and promote.
• A detailed understanding of the entire sales and account management cycle including: prospect generation, pricing, underwriting, product development,advertising, promotion, distribution strategy, sales and account management.
• Significant experience in business process redesign and implementation of multi-regional, multi-functional systems solutions.
• Experience in a complex (e.g., multi-regional) organization that utilizes multi-regional shared services to provide business critical functions.
• An understanding of the factors that allow for effective use of shared services in a multi-unit organization. Demonstrated skills in influence andchange management campaigns at the executive level in large organizations.
• A strong desire to compete and win as part of a team.
• An optimistic, inspirational and energetic leader with strong leadership and human resource management skills.
• The ability to develop and lead individuals and teams through periods of substantial challenges and change.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; able to develop relationships and influence people across functional areas and different levels of the organization, internally as well as externally.
• Superior analytical skills; demonstrated problem solving capability.
• Extensive understanding of the business issues faced by major corporations particularly as they relate to health benefit strategies.
• Master’s degree in business administration, public health, education or equivalent degree is preferred.
• A mix of both SAM training leadership and sales leadership with a minimum total of 10+ years in management preferred.
California-Oakland-1800 Harrison 1800 Harrison
Scheduled Hours (1-40)
Mon – Fri
Working Hours Start
Working Hours End
Sales and Marketing
Public Department Name
Marketing, Sales, Service & Administration (MSSA)
Yes, 50% of the time??
?External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.? We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.